Inspired Sound aims to cultivate and build a community through bridging the gap between different cultures within the music industry, from the urban and electronic scene to Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean. Inspired Sound not only showcases music from different cultures but also shares stories from artists, creative, and curators.
As well as regular news pieces, we also have a number of feature content:
- Q&A – A short question and answer with up an coming artist or group
- Beyond the Mic – An in-depth conversation with an artist or band
- DJ Guest Mix – We invite selectors to showcase and blend some of their favourite tracks into a cohesive mix
- First Thoughts – Features short reviews of EPs and Albums
- Live Reviews – Includes an in depth experiential review of a live performance from an artist, or group
- Radio – Catch our founder on Threads radio every last Saturday of the month where he showcases the latest in Jazz, Soul, and Hip Hop from across the globe.
- Podcast – The podcast/radio stylised show is recorded live from Keakie studio and showcases music coming out of Africa, and its diaspora.
We are looking to grow the team, so if you’d like to get involved please contact us at Inspiredsound8@gmail.com